Progress on GitHub and alternatives

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 14 03:51:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-09-13 at 23:03 -0400, Simo wrote:

> A good idea would also be, for new PRs, to generate a special Message
> -Id that is basically a fixed UUID plus the PR number at the end,
> this
> way any further message to the list can generate a In-Reply-to header
> that references the original pull request and we get proper threading
> of any message sent via github.
>
> Simo.

Thanks!

That is a good way to handle that, the other script I was going to use
has to store that in the meta-data (via a comment in the issue), but
there is no need, the pull request number and the repo are unique.

Any chance of a pull request? ;-)

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba