New PR: client-timeout - Client timeout

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:53:55 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 3:23 PM,  <github at samba.org> wrote:
> There is a new pull request by Gazzonyx against master on the Samba Github repository
>
> https://github.com/Gazzonyx/samba client-timeout
> https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/9
>
> Client timeout
> Fix client socket timeout to be consistent between source3 and source4.  This changes source4's socket timeout from 15 seconds to the old source3 value of 30 seconds.
>
> Could I get two Team members to sign off on this, please?
>
> A patch file from https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/9.patch is attached

Hmmm, I posted a patch last week that allows this value to be set from
an environment variable.

I would probably prefer to see that patch merged here as well.

Also, since Windows defaults to 60 seconds and that timeout is used
for more than the connection timeout, why did you chose 30 seconds?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe