Latest Wiki news

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Thu Sep 10 20:13:01 UTC 2015

Hello,

I wanted to inform about the latest Wiki changes:

*
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setup_a_Samba_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
Major edit/rewrite, cleanup, more examples/details/links

* https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Active_Directory_Naming_FAQ
New page. Austin Stanley (http://maxmahem.net/wp/) contributed the
content. I only put it to the Wiki and adapted some parts. It's a great
piece of information. Thanks again, Austin!

* https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Server_information_used_in_documentation
New page. It shows example hostnames, IPs, etc. we use in our
documentation, so we have a constant naming schema. It will take a
while, until all documentation is alligned to this, so please be patient.

* https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT
Added information about Win10 RSAT and missing "Server for NIS tools"
option.

* https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_syncronisation
Major refresh. Moved SELinux stuff to a separate page, to keep this clear.

* Start adding categories to pages + adding a "Categories" link to the
navigation (left). There will be more categories during the time and
more documentation linked there.

+ about 50 small edits here and there.

Regards,
Marc

PS: If looking for Samba documentation, start here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Documentation