OSX Spotlight cannot work correctly with Samba 4.3.1

HC Sung hcsung at qnap.com
Thu Oct 29 03:33:57 UTC 2015

​​Hello list,

I recently built Samba 4.3.1 on Ubuntu 14.04(x64) with Spotlight enabled
and I am pretty sure that every step in this page
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Spotlight has been done carefully, but
Spotlight shows no detail information about my target (as shown in
attachment).

By the way, shared folders will be mounted at "/Volume", where seems not to
be indexed by Spotlight, if you mount it with Finder. So I mount the SMB
shared folder with the following command:

"mount_smbfs //guest at some_ip/remote_folder_name /Users/local_folder_name"

Does anyone's Spotlight can perfectly work with Samba 4.3.1?

Comments/review appreciated.

Thanks,

​Hsiao Chien Sung.