[Announce] Samba 4.3.1 Available for Download

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:48:58 UTC 2015

On 26/10/15 10:56, Thomas Bork wrote:
> Am 26.10.2015 um 08:44 schrieb Volker Lendecke:
>
>> Which daemon does this message come from? Your scripts seem
>> to start nmbd and smbd later. What daemon complains?
>
> No daemon, tdbbackup complains:
>
> + for tdb in '$lockdir/?*.tdb' '/etc/?*.tdb'
> + '[' -f /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb ']'
> + rm -f /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb.samba.bak
> + /usr/bin/tdbbackup -s .samba.bak /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
> tdb_mutex_open_ok[/var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb]: Can use
> mutexes only with MUTEX_LOCKING or NOLOCK
> Failed to open /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
> + /usr/bin/tdbbackup -v /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
>
> And no I can see, why tdbbackup complains:
>
> testeis # tdbbackup -h
> Usage: tdbbackup [options] <fname...>
>
>    -h            this help message
>    -s suffix     set the backup suffix
>    -v            verify mode (restore if corrupt)
>    -n hashsize   set the new hash size for the backup
>    -l            open without locking to back up mutex dbs
>
> I have to use '-l' now for such tdbs.
>
>> Also, you should not delete gencache.tdb at startup. It
>> contains the server affinity cache which would be lost if
>> you deleted the whole file.
>
> I will try and come back. Thanks.
>
> --
> der tom
> [eisfair-team]

OK, you seem to have something wrong somewhere:

If I run:
ls /usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.*

I get:
/usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb

If I run your backup command:
tdbbackup -s .samba.bak /usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb

I get no errors and if I then check again:
ls /usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.*

I get:

/usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb
/usr/local/samba/var/lock/gencache_notrans.tdb.samba.bak

What version of Samba am I using?

samba -V
Version 4.3.1

I think that you should answer the questions I asked in my previous post.

Rowland