[Announce] Samba 4.3.1 Available for Download

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Mon Oct 26 10:56:27 UTC 2015

Am 26.10.2015 um 08:44 schrieb Volker Lendecke:

> Which daemon does this message come from? Your scripts seem
> to start nmbd and smbd later. What daemon complains?

No daemon, tdbbackup complains:

+ for tdb in '$lockdir/?*.tdb' '/etc/?*.tdb'
+ '[' -f /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb ']'
+ rm -f /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb.samba.bak
+ /usr/bin/tdbbackup -s .samba.bak /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
tdb_mutex_open_ok[/var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb]: Can use mutexes
only with MUTEX_LOCKING or NOLOCK
Failed to open /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
+ /usr/bin/tdbbackup -v /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb

And no I can see, why tdbbackup complains:

testeis # tdbbackup -h
Usage: tdbbackup [options] <fname...>

    -h            this help message
    -s suffix     set the backup suffix
    -v            verify mode (restore if corrupt)
    -n hashsize   set the new hash size for the backup
    -l            open without locking to back up mutex dbs

I have to use '-l' now for such tdbs.

> Also, you should not delete gencache.tdb at startup. It
> contains the server affinity cache which would be lost if
> you deleted the whole file.

I will try and come back. Thanks.

--
der tom