[Announce] Samba 4.3.1 Available for Download

Mon Oct 26 07:44:42 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 07:01:49PM +0100, Thomas Bork wrote:
> Am 23.10.2015 um 21:53 schrieb Jeremy Allison:
>
> >Now it's been re-initialized correctly you probably don't need to
> >delete it on restart.
>
> It is re-initialized correctly if it not exist on the first start
> only. On the second start the error is back. Maybe a bug?
>
> testeis # rm /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb
> testeis # /etc/init.d/samba start
>  * Starting Samba ...
>    - Starting nmbd ... [  OK  ]
>    - Starting smbd ... [  OK  ]
> testeis # /etc/init.d/samba stop
>  * Stopping Samba ...
>    - Stopping smbd ... [  OK  ]
>    - Stopping nmbd ... [  OK  ]
> testeis # /etc/init.d/samba start
>  * Starting Samba ...
> tdb_mutex_open_ok[/var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb]: Can use
> mutexes only with MUTEX_LOCKING or NOLOCK
> Failed to open /var/lock/samba/gencache_notrans.tdb

Which daemon does this message come from? Your scripts seem
to start nmbd and smbd later. What daemon complains?

You might try to run the script with "sh -x" to figure out
in what daemon we get those error messages.

Also, you should not delete gencache.tdb at startup. It
contains the server affinity cache which would be lost if
you deleted the whole file.

If you don't want mutexes at all because they cause too much
trouble for you, you might also disable them at build time.

With best regards, Volker

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de

Besuchen Sie uns vom 10.-11.11.15 auf der ISSE!
Information Security Solutions Europe Conference
Hotel Palace Berlin, 20%-Rabattcode: "ISSE15SP"

Meet us at Information Security Conference ISSE!
November 10th - 11th 2015 in Hotel Palace Berlin
For 20% discount take voucher code:  "ISSE15SP"