build:wafsamba: dead code removal in gettext detection

github at samba.org github at samba.org
Sun Oct 25 08:24:34 UTC 2015

New comment by ita1024 on Samba Github repository

https://github.com/samba-team/samba/pull/27#issuecomment-150900287
Comment:
I see three possibilities here:

1. Removing the whole "gettext_location" option may be the best course of action since the whole thing is broken. But are we allowed to remove command-line options? I can update the pull request if you think that this is better.

2. Since the code had no effect and gettext_location seems unused, the changes suggested would not make the situation any worse.

3. Using ADD_CFLAGS may be best, but I do not understand how that works either. Also the overall logic of adding the same path to link flags and to compilation flags also incorrect. If you are looking for an overall refactoring of this I will cancel the PR.