Review tips and hacking scripts (or: Shameless self-promotion)

José A. Rivera jarrpa at samba.org
Fri Oct 23 18:17:06 UTC 2015

Hey list!

This is a notification that I recently uploaded some (I hope!)
potentially
useful information for hacking at Samba.

The first are some additions to the Samba review page on the wiki, in
particular the .gitconfig and .tigrc sections:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/CodeReview#Tools_and_Scripts

The second is a repo where I plan to be stashing various utility
scripts.
Most of these I've come up with in the past few months, and are targeted
at
facilitating development of clustered Samba where you do the main
hacking on
one machine (e.g. laptop) and then distribute, build, and run the code
on
remote machines (e.g. VMs):

https://github.com/jarrpa/samba-hacking

I'll note that some of the scripts are REALLY trashy, in that they are
pretty
specific to the WIP gd and I have going on right now. ;) I'll be
cleaning
those up/out over time.

Hope this is useful to someone out there! At the very least it forced me
clean up a lot of this so that it was functional for more situations
than
just me on my Fedora laptop. :)

Cheers!
--Jose