Segfault in uid_wrapper ?

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Oct 21 06:11:06 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 20 October 2015 23:24:02 Uri Simchoni wrote:
> On 10/20/2015 04:08 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > On Monday 19 October 2015 23:02:20 Uri Simchoni wrote:
> > I think this happens if uid wrapper is loaded but UID_WRAPPER=1 is not
> > set.
>
> Yes that was the missing piece. Now I'm back to the real autobuild
> problem...
> Thanks!
> Uri.

We can't fix this in Samba. First we need a new uid_wrapper release and after
that I will backport the changes to Samba.

The current patchset for uid_wrapper is pretty big and needs review:

https://git.cryptomilk.org/projects/uid_wrapper.git/log/?h=master-setxid

If we backport this, we need a lot of special stuff for the old (deprecated)
ntvfs server. s3fs didn't have any issues with these changes ...

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org