[Samba] Missing DNS entry after "domain join"

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 09:34:53 UTC 2015

Thank again for precision.

What mislead me was DC seem to be needing DB synchronisation is finished
before these entries are created.
I've joined two DC at same time and run samba_dnsupdate just after the
joins were successful. And samba_dnsupdate was showing errors and testing
DNS records using "host" command was showing only one DC...

I made a pause, back after several minute, no more command run on my DC,
and finally once I was back all entries were correctly created. I have to
learn patience : )

I must say I did the join using --domain-critical-only. Without that option
I expect I would not have to wait synchronisation were finished as DB
synchronisation would have been fully performed during the join itself.

Sorry, once more, for noise.