Interesting take on future file serving.

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 12:30:05 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Scott Lovenberg
<scott.lovenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> $largeFinancialClient of ours does that. We tried to explain they were breaking our encrypted connection, but their "head proxy guy" (yes, they have several of those) basically said "corporate policy". Unfortunately we're at an impasse - we won't not encrypt data from our appliance, and they won't not intercept and re-encrypt.

Yup. Been there, done that. Done the end-run of setting up SSL and SSH
tunnels to work around centralized IT policy, including *explaining*
to people how to do this with myself as a member of the IT staff
working around an unusable policy, and exposing the hack-arounds being
done by their own "architects" in direct violation of written policy,
the video presentation by their head of IT, and state and federal law.