Do anyone here have the experience with 64bits compiled Samba on SPARC?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 30 20:18:39 UTC 2015

Hi Volker,

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 06:20:40AM +0100, Jiri Sasek - Solaris Prague wrote:
>> I have built 64bits Samba and winbindd is receiving the SIGBUS(*)
>
> The problem is that we don't have SPARC in any way easily
> accessible. If you look at CLANG warnings, there's hundreds
> of alignment problems we potentially have. Fixing all of
> them will be a big challenge, but finding the relevant ones
> would be much easier if we had access to such a box.
>
> Volker

I can provide access to our Solaris buildfarm and already wrote to both
build at samba.org and Jeremy some time ago but didn’t get a reply.
This is my original message:

> Von: Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
> Datum: 27. März 2015 um 10:53:35 MEZ
> An: build at samba.org
> Betreff: Solaris build servers at OpenCSW
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to offer some build machines for the Samba CI at
> https://build.samba.org/build.cgi/instructions
>
> At the moment I am making the first run of build_test on the following machines:
> unstable10s  Solaris 10 Sparc
> unstable10x  Solaris 10 x86
> unstable11s  Solaris 11 Sparc
> unstable11x  Solaris 11 x86
> „unstable“ refers to our own OpenCSW „unstable“ catalog which gets the latest packages.
>
> All machines have our own OpenCSW packages of GCC 4.9.2 and a new ccache 3.2.1
> in addition to the Sun/Oracle Studio compilers 12/12.1/12.2/12.3/12.4 located in
> /opt/studio/SOS12
> /opt/studio/sunstudio12.1/
> /opt/solstudio12.2
> /opt/solarisstudio12.3
> /opt/solarisstudio12.4
>
> I’d be happy if you could provide me with matching passwords.

I have also set up continuous builds on our OpenCSW environment which builds
on every commit:
https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/buildbot/waterfall?category=samba

Just let me know if you want an account or a different setup of the CI or
automatic notifications on breakages.

Best regards

— Dago