[MS-BKRP] backupkey server and GnuTLS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 19 21:44:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-11-19 at 12:24 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Saturday 14 November 2015 10:37:13 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I'll dig up the testing procedures we used early next week.
> >
> > Thanks for all your great work here!
>
> I've finished my work: The result is available here:
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
> -rpc-bkrp
>
> I thought I could run the MS-BKRP testsuite, but they don't have one
>
> So I hope you can explain the testing procedures you used ...

This is what we did (we used libvirt snapshot VMs):

- Take a Dec 2014 patched Windows 8.1 machine that has never, ever been
joined to the domain

- Join to the domain

- Log in as administrator

- Open Credentials Manager (part of control panel, can be searched for)

- If it gives an error, then there is an issue, if it opens correctly
you are OK.

Thanks,

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba