filename_convert called in two different places in source3/smbd/smb2_create.?

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:53:49 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I notice that filename_convert is called in two different places in
smb2_create.c.

It is called in the do_durable_reconnect arm of the processing via the
function smbd_smb2_create_durable_lease_check and it is called
explicitly in the non-durable-reconnect arm of the create processing.

Is there a specific reason for that?

Can we not pull the calls above the test for these two arms to make it
obvious that filename_convert is being called for both cases?

If the filename won't convert or there is some other error, we could
avoid doing additional processing that is not needed.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe