Need to use ktpass to get a keytab for a machine account to feed into Wireshark ... can I change the machine account password on a node?

Uri Simchoni uri at samba.org
Tue Nov 17 20:04:31 UTC 2015

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Keytab_Extraction

I added two methods to this page, should get what you want. The online
one (net ads keytab create) is the easiest. The offline one uses ktpass,
but feeds the password, which you can recover from secrets.tdb. This is
a non-intrusive method which does not involve the directory - you can
run it on any machine with ktpass.

Hope that helps,
Uri.