winbindd crash

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Nov 5 10:32:34 UTC 2015

On 04/11/15 10:00, Noel Power wrote:
> On 04/11/15 07:40, Stefan Metzmacher wrote:
>> RB+ but please use DBG_NOTICE
> Ah this patch is for the 4.2.x branch so no DBG_NOTICE
>
> Noel
>
> (p.s.) I attach here the actual patches attached to the bug

I see that this patch was committed to master with the DBG_NOTICE
change. I am sorry if it appears I was unwilling to make that change,
that was not the case or my intention. I was focusing purely on a fix
for 4.2.x (where it crashes) as;
  a) earlier versions are not supported and
  b) later versions including master don't seem to have this problem

In other words I didn't think this patch was necessary for master (at
least the winbindd_pam.c part) but of course wont do any harm (and may
even prevent a future failure)

thanks,
Noel