Forwarding DNS requests for realm to forward server

Adda Rathbone addarathbone at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 02:33:35 MDT 2015

Thank you for your answer.
I read up on the topic and found out that messing with DNS (especially with
the DNS authority/master servers) as I proposed it might result in lots of
unexpected behavior.

As my goal was to reuse the dhcp server of my router I just created a
subdomain for the AD DC (samdom.example.com). and made following changes to
my router:
- set dns forwarder to route all traffic of samdom.example.com to AD DC
- changed DHCP server settings to use IP of AD DC as DNS server

So far it's working
Thank you.