Samba vs LDAP/SSL ans SHA256 cert on NetBSD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 29 14:30:19 MDT 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-29 at 22:24 +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
>
> > No, sadly we no longer use autoconf. You'll
> > have to add this to a WAF wscript file.
>
> I am confused: there is a configure script in source3 directory. It is
> not used?

Samba 3.6 is no longer maintained, and 4.0, the last to alternately
support autoconf is only in security support.  You need to first patch
against git master, then backport it to 4.2 and 4.1 if you need it
there.  I strongly suspect the exact issue you describe won't happen
with a waf build in any case, due to our use of symbol versions, but we
may see the reverse - samba using the system libs incorrectly.