Samba vs LDAP/SSL ans SHA256 cert on NetBSD

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri May 29 11:32:53 MDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 09:40:14AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hello
>
> I encountered problems with Samba 3.6.25 being unable to connect
> to a LDAP/SSL directory that has a SHA256 certificate. I tracked
> it down to a clash between Samba and netBSD's libc SHA256_Update.
>
> Attached is a fix that rename the function when Samba builds on
> NetBSD, so that the clash does not happen.
>
> --
> Emmanuel Dreyfus
> manu at netbsd.org

Thanks for the fix, but we try not to add platform-specific
#defines into the Samba code.

What might work better is a :

#if defined(SHA_NEEDS_RENAME)

change here, and add some code to detect if the SHA256_Update()
function is detected in libc on NetBSD and then define SHA_NEEDS_RENAME
if so.

Do you know how to do this, or do you need some help working with
our build system ?

Cheers,

	Jeremy.