Reg:SMB1.0 disabled in 2012

VigneshDhanraj G vigneshdhanraj.g at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:23:50 MDT 2015

Hi,

I face issue when connecting to the AD if SMB1.0 is disabled in windows
2012 R2.
It shows NT_CONNECTION_RESET.

I found windows 2012 R2 server not supporting SMB1.0 Then why it is
necessary to be enabled. I am using samba 4.0.25.

I found Negotiating using SMB1.0 first, if it is disabled it throws error.
In 260 Negotiate Request dialects  not at all showing SMB2. 002 it shows
till NT LM 0.12. After sometime it uses 282 Negotiate Request, In that it
shows SMB2. 002 and start communication using SMB2.0.

Is anything open issue Regarding this?

Regards,

Vigneshdhanraj G