Trying again at using the python samba_kcc

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed May 13 13:06:35 MDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-13 at 17:28 +1200, Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> hi all,
>
> On 18/04/15 01:46, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> [...]
> >>
> >> I'm thinking that the KCC object belongs in samba.kcc, then we have
> >> samba.kcc.utils and samba.kcc.ldif_import_export (which is what the
> >> ldif_utils is for, it looks generic but really isn't).
> >
> > Yes. That would also make unit testing the various parts of it much
> > easier.
>
> We have restructured the code in this way, with a smallish samba_kcc
> script and modules in samba.kcc.*. There are unit tests for all the
> modules, though they are far from comprehensive.
>
> One unfortunate affect of this rearrangement is that `git blame` and
> friends get confused and tend not to look back beyond the move.
> Another is that it makes it hard to address one of Andreas's
> complaints -- that of documentation strings being introduced in a
> later commit than the function that they document. It is difficult to
> push the docstring patches back across the rename barrier.
>
> http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gitweb?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kcc-intersite-26

Thanks Douglas,

I'll add my review marker to this shortly, and tidy up a stray DEBUG(0)
in the timeout patch early in the series.   Then I'll propose just the
first few tidy-up patches.  The whole series is very large, but we need
to make a start on getting them into master.

Garming,

You know this code best, can you please add your review where
appropriate?

Thanks,