[Announce] Samba 4.0.26 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed May 6 13:39:43 MDT 2015

					"Try to be like the turtle -
					 at ease in your own shell."

					 Bill Copeland

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the last bug-fix release of the Samba 4.0 release series.
There will be security releases only starting from now.

Changes since 4.0.25:
---------------------

o   Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
    * BUG 10982: s3: smbd: Fix *allocate* calls to follow POSIX error return
      convention.
    * BUG 11094: s3: smbclient: Allinfo leaves the file handle open.

o   Christian Ambach <ambi at samba.org>
    * BUG 9629: Fix 'profiles' tool.

o   Ira Cooper <ira at samba.org>
    * BUG 11115: smbd: Stop using vfs_Chdir after SMB_VFS_DISCONNECT.

o   David Disseldorp <ddiss at samba.org>
    * BUG 10808: printing/cups: Pack requested-attributes with IPP_TAG_KEYWORD.
    * BUG 11059: libsmb: Provide authinfo domain for encrypted session
      referrals.

o   Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
    * BUG 11041: smbd: Fix CID 1063259 Uninitialized scalar variable.
    * BUG 11051: net: Fix 'net sam addgroupmem'.

o   Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
    * BUG 9299: nsswitch: Fix soname of linux nss_*.so.2 modules.
    * BUG 9702: s3:smb2_server: Protect against integer wrap with "smb2 max
      credits = 65535".
    * BUG 10949: s4:dsdb/rootdse: Expand extended dn values with the AS_SYSTEM
      control.
    * BUG 10958: libcli/smb: Nnly force signing of smb2 session setups when
      binding a new session.
    * BUG 11144: Fix memory leak in SMB2 notify handling.
    * BUG 11164: s4:auth/gensec_gssapi: Let gensec_gssapi_update() return
      NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE for unknown errors.

o   Christof Schmitt <cs at samba.org>
    * BUG 11034: winbind: Retry after SESSION_EXPIRED error in ping-dc.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.0 product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

	http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.0.26.html

Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis from

        http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy