usb_wrapper?

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed May 6 05:50:43 MDT 2015

On Tuesday 05 May 2015 23:39:43 Taylor Braun-Jones wrote:
> Hello cwrap team,

Hi Taylor,

> I like the idea of cwrap! Is USB support something that makes sense to
> include in the cwrap project? Full coverage of hardware-interfacing code
> can be quite difficult and it seems like cwrap support for USB could really
> help here. I imagine it working in a very similar way as the socket_wrapper
> including .pcap dumps at the end of test execution.

thank you very much. The focus of the cwrap project is to help test network
applications and daemons dealing with users etc. For example file or ssh
servers.

Personally I do not need a usb wrapper, I also do now know what for. You know
that wireshark can directly read debugfs usbmon output?

See

https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org