Investigating CI options for Samba test branches

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:14:40 MDT 2015

I kind of like buildbot, eventhough it is one of the older and from UI
perspective uglier ones.
But it is easy to work with.

You can specify that it will monitor for multiple branches, so for
example I monitor for both master and the buildbot branch:

c['change_source'].append(GitPoller(
        'https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs',
        workdir='gitpoller-workdir', branches=['master', 'buildbot'],
pollinterval=60))

I also have it only build 'buildbot' changes on a single machine but I
build changes to master on all machines in the farm:
c['schedulers'].append(SingleBranchScheduler(
                            name="all",
                            change_filter=filter.ChangeFilter(branch='master'),
                            treeStableTimer=None,
                            builderNames=["mint17",
                                          "fedora18",
                                          "opensuse12",
                                          "raspberrypi",
                                          "solaris11",
                                          "freebsd-9.3",

c['schedulers'].append(SingleBranchScheduler(
                            name="mint17",
                            change_filter=filter.ChangeFilter(branch='buildbot'\
),
                            treeStableTimer=None,
                            builderNames=["mint17"]))

Not he best or greatest by any stretch, but it works.
I just have to    git push --force origin buildbot:buildbot
when I want the buildbot to test my branch.

You probably want one buildbot branch and scheduler for each person.