Investigating CI options for Samba test branches

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 4 19:34:14 MDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-04 at 07:06 +0200, Ralph Böhme wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 03:28:07PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Are there any other solutions we should be looking at, beyond just
> > running autobuld on sn-devel?
>
> selfhosted buildbot.net ?

Thanks, that also looks like another good option.

In parallel, I've asked nicely, and travis-ci.org is extending my build
time so I can run our full autobuild.

The main blocker that I see to any of this is either
 - using github (a number of us are uncomfortable about hitching our
project to non-free network services like that, both for free software
and project longivity reasons)
 - for the open source options (buildbot.net, drone.io), having a gitlab
or similar instance for such a tool to report back to.

The software freedom conservancy is overloaded as it is, but it would be
really nice if we could from the SFC or elsewhere, free software built
services like this, and pay for them (but not in a per-user model)
rather than needing to build and run them for each project.

http://samba.org/~abartlet/