Init Scripts and Firewall Rules

Tue Mar 31 23:05:15 MDT 2015

Hi Denis,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Denis Cardon
<denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> I was wondering about the ms-rpc port range. The 1025-5000 range was for
> win2k3 and lower os. As samba implements win2k8r2 AD, shoudn't it be
> 49152-65535 as per kb929851 [1]?

Perhaps. I wrote the rules from the wiki page for Samba port usage,
which still indicates that 1024-5000 is being used. This could just be
a missed edit.

That being said, I've been using this in production with 4.{1,2},
nothing seems out of the ordinary. My domain functional level may
still be on 2003, which might affect the port range. I'll check
tomorrow.