It is annoying that some of our OP definitions do not match MS-SMB2 ...

Steve French smfrench at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:29:58 MDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Richard Sharpe
<realrichardsharpe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> For example:
>
>         case SMB2_OP_FIND:
>
> which should really be:
>
>         case SMB2_OP_QUERY_DIRECTORY:

It is interesting in the cifs.ko code I did try to match the (MS-SMB2
etc.) protocol definitions as closely as reasonably possible (for
naming of flags etc.) but was worried about the many CamelCase
structure elements since camelCase is frowned upon in the kernel.
Turns out few have complained about that - and in retrospect I am glad
that the names are reasonably close to the definitions in MS-SMB2 (it
makes reading and debugging a little easier)

--
Thanks,

Steve