[Samba 4.2] Why AIO at times, does not seem to work until I restart Samba?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 20 09:54:54 MDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 05:02:56PM -0700, kingsmasher1 wrote:
> Hi Jeremey,
>
> Thanks for the response, yes we performed a series of tests, and it works
> perfect from the regular filesystem.

OK, I'm afraid the fact above is the critical info.

The aio works in Samba in the scenario it was designed
and tested for - i.e. against exporting a local disk.

This means the problem *must* lie with your FUSE
module.

We can give advice, but only you have the source code
for your module, so only you can really debug it.

Sorry,

Jeremy.