PATCH multi-channel & fd passing

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu Mar 19 04:16:54 MDT 2015

On 19/03/15 10:00, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 09:43:27AM +0000, Noel Power wrote:
>>>>
>> [...]
>>>>
>> isn't the early return still there (just not as early ;-)) but.. anyway
>> I think I was wrong to change the test from the explicit error condition
>> (as msghdr_prep_fds already copes with fdlen == 0 and doesn't regard it
>> as an error)
>> How about this patch?, afaics the only purpose of that block is to avoid
>> a warning about the declaration of the buf array
> Sorry to step in without having the full context: What does
> your patch aim to fix?
it doesn't fix anything but a personal annoyance and something that I
found confusing (e.g. the anonymous block) which was adjacent to code I
was touching to fix some other problem. This was just an alternative to
the orig patch I posted with the fix above, really not worth having a
discussion about, sorry for the noise

Noel