ntdb in Samba?

Fri Mar 13 13:51:24 MDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 06:01:42PM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> Excellent idea.
>
> I also find it regrettable that the proposed git tree has been
> withdrawn so fast..

My point is that we need a better communication strategy about which
pieces of Samba we want to take the liberty to change without notice
and which pieces we stick to. This is the third time in quick succession
that my patches break external consumers of our internals. The current
strategy does not work, people just do not know what they can depend
upon. Until we get better in that, I don't think there is much we can
afford to do in terms of refactoring.

The branch is back, but we need to solve that problem very soon.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de