ntdb in Samba?

David Disseldorp ddiss at suse.de
Fri Mar 13 10:40:25 MDT 2015

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:16:04 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > https://git.samba.org/?p=vl/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/no-ntdb
> >
> > holds what I'd like to get in. Not adding it inline here,
> > it's 1.8MB patchfile. Not too many individual patches, but
> > some of them are removing quite some code.
> >
> > Review&push appreciated!
>
> Ok, request cancelled. I was told in private that there
> might be interest in ntdb and ccan.

ccan is already an (IMO great) project in it's own right. If there's
interest in using any of the components, they can always be obtained
from the upstream repository[1].

If we're not going to use ntdb in Samba, then I don't think we should
keep it in the repo, but it'd be great if it could be moved into the
ccan repository. Perhaps the private requester could proceed with that
course of action.

Cheers, David

1) Upstream ccan repository
   git://git.ozlabs.org/~ccan/ccan