broken smbtorture lease cases

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Wed Mar 11 17:33:55 MDT 2015

On 2015-03-11 at 18:09 -0500, Steve French wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Michael Adam <obnox at samba.org> wrote:

> >> I am looking in the test case code ... nothing in the description of
> >> the test case,
> >> or in the rc handling or in the top of source4/torture/smb2/lease.c
> >> that mentions
> >> "vfs" or "module" or any dependencies ...
> >>
> >> Is there another lease.c helper file I am missing?  I am just running
> >> source4/smbtorture
> >
> > Jeremy is referring more to how the test program
> > is run in our selftest setup. I.e. see where it
> > is planned in source{3,4}/selftest/tests.py, check
> > the environments against which it is run
> > (selftest/target/Samba{3,4}.pm), which defines
> > the samba configs, etc.
> >
> > And then, check in selftest/knownfail and selftest/skip
> > whehter the test is listed there.
> >
> > Looking at the source code of the actual test
> > only reveals half the truth.
>
> This gets confusing. It looks like the whole category is skipped
> (which would explain a lot).
>
> In any case - loading the four vfs modules mentioned in Samba3.pm does
> cause the mystery test (smb2.lease.request) to work ie
>
> vfs objects = acl_xattr fake_acls xattr_tdb streams_depot

On a FS with proper xattr support you should be able to
omit xattr_tdb.

With proper posix acl support you should be able to omit
fake_acls.

> There isn't much else useful about leases that I could track down in
> the test setup directories you mention though. e.g.
> I grep -i for lease and nothing in the selftest directories and the
> whole category (smb2.lease) is in the skip category

You need to quote the whole line:
^samba4.smb2.lease

This means that the leases subtests of the smb2 tets
are skipped against the samba4 envs, which basically
means the ntvfs server basically.

Looking for smb2 in source{3,4}/selftest/tests.py
gives a clou against which envs the smb2 tests are
run and with which name. The smbd-envs are planned
source3/selftest/tests.py under the namespace of
source3.smb2 while source4/selftest/tests.py plans
the smb2 torture tests against the 'dc' env (ntvfs)
under the namespace of source4.smb2.

> and nothing in the knownfail.

Right, which means that the complete testsuite
is run against the appropriated s3/smbd envs
and expected to fully succeed. Which leads us
to the requirements for the samba config.

Hope this helps - Michael