Running GPROF on Samba

Richard Schmitt richard.schmitt at freescale.com
Sun Mar 1 09:21:51 MST 2015

I've seen some old discussion on profiling but nothing recent.  Is there a procedure for running gprof on Samba?  I've added the appropriate flags to the Makefiles and do get a gmon.out file but I suspect my issue is that I am not cleanly shutting down Samba when I wish to collect the profile data.  Is there a way to cleanly shut down Samba?  Or are there some other suggestions on how to collect gprof data on smbd.

What I really want to get is a call graph when running various benchmarks.

Thanks in advance,
Rich