[Patches] avoid segfault in durable-open test

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Jun 25 07:41:35 MDT 2015

On 2015-06-25 at 10:22 +1200, Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> hi Michael,
>
> Amended patches attached.

Thanks!

> On 19/06/15 22:10, Michael Adam wrote:
> > 1. in the first patch, can you do if (tree1 != NULL) instead of
> >    if (tree1) ?
>
> I've taken the liberty of adding your "reviewed by" on this one

That's fine by me.

So with a second team reviewer, we could push this.

> > 2. For the second patch: we try to get rid of these locally
> >    defined CHECK_FOO macros.
> >    There are macros in lib/torture/torture.h of the form
> >
> >    torture_assert
> >    torture_assert_foobar
> >    torture_assert_foobar_goto
> >
> >    I sugget using torture_assert_ntstatus_equal_goto().
> >
> >    This is more writing than CHECK...(), but it is the
> >    standard way. Could you do that instead?
>
> ...but not this one.

Thanks for doing the conversion.
This seems the right approach, but some toughts:

- if checking for OK you can use the simpler
  torture_assert_ntstatus_ok_goto()

- I quite frankly think it is not much use
  to hand in messages like "Status should be OK"
  or "Status should be FOO". The macro will already
  print something like this.

  My idea would be to have the message as something like
  "smb2_create failed" or "expected smb2_create to fail"
  depending on what call that status actually came from.
  This would add extra value!

Would you take another round on this one?

Thanks, Michael