SAMBA4 separate member and file server - Update

Craig SHONE craig.shone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:35:20 MDT 2015

Just adding a bit more info:

Running wbinfo -t on the file server results in a successful trust secret
check via RPC

Running wbinfo -u on the file server returns all my AD users

Running wbinfo -g on the file server returns all my AD groups

Running wbinfo -p on the file server results in a successful ping to
winbindd

I have used the basic smb.conf on the wiki page for the file/member server,
but no luck trying to set the ACL's on my shares with the command: setfacl
-m g:domain_admins:rwx /data/shares/admin, it just results in error.

I've tried running the command wbinfo on both the file server and domain
controller and I get different results.

>From the member/file server:

[root at hnpmb01 ~]# wbinfo -i craig

failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Could not get info for user craig

>From the domain controller:

[root at hnpmb02 ~]# wbinfo -i craig

craig:*:3000047:100:Craig Shone:/home/HN/craig:/bin/false

It's almost as if setfacl cannot see the list of AD groups and accounts?  Do
I have to add the UNIX mappings on the DC if wanting to use a separate SAMBA
4 file server?

Thanks

Craig.