[Samba] 32 bits limit?

mathias dufresne infractory at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 05:48:00 MDT 2015

Hi all,

I tried tdbdump / tdbrestore and it saved some space but not solved the
main issue which is 4GB is not large enough for a large organization.
I had a look on LMDB which sounds really good, unfortunately the module is
not finished, not enough at least to use it on a large AD in production
(large as 120k users + 150k computers + thousands of groups which are not
yet defined). As you know the larger is the company the colder they are
regarding not fully stable products.

This leads my to one question: is it possible to split the LDB database?
What I meant is if I create an OU named "persons" to host all users, is it
possible move this OU and its contents into another LDB file?

Best regards,

mathias