[Samba] Anybody got windows 10 working with our classic DC / need to migrate to samba4?

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Jun 13 12:36:08 MDT 2015

Am 02.06.2015 um 09:55 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> Just checking if anybody has Samba's classic DC functioning with Windows
> 10 domain member clients?  In particular, I'm interested in any tests
> with git master or 4.2.
>
> I'm not talking about samba4 DCs (our AD DC), but with the NT4-like
> mode.

In my test environment, Windows 10 can join to the classic PDC built by
Samba 4.2.2:

- Samba 4.2.2 and Windows 10 TP Build 10130
- like Windows 7, the two registry keys are modified
 https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Registry_changes_for_NT4-style_domains
- set "max protocol = nt1"
- set smb.conf like below,
-----
[global]
  workgroup = SAMBA4DOM
  domain logons = yes
  add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
  max protocol = nt1

[homes]
  writeable = yes
  browseable = no