samba-tool sites/subnets administration

Roel van Meer roel at 1afa.com
Thu Jun 4 03:01:08 MDT 2015

Hi everyone,

is anybody working on sites and subnets administration with samba-tool? If
not, I'd be willing to write up some patches.

I think I would start with a command to list the sites, and commands to add,
remove, and list subnets. After that we would need a command to move DC's
from one site to another, and perhaps a command to list the DC's in a
specific site. That would provide very basic administration of sites and subnets.

This currently looks a relatively straightforward project, but I might be
overlooking some important detail.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Roel