Additional DCs show up as Unavailable

Andrew LaPierre alapierre at gccsda.com
Tue Jun 2 14:50:11 MDT 2015

System: Ubuntu 14.04
Samba Version: 4.1.6-Ubuntu

I have tried to create two additional DCs but when going to "Change Domain
Controller" through AD Users & Computers it shows the additional DCs as
being "Unavailable".

I started with one that is connected over VPN, but after I couldn't figure
out why it wasn't working I decided to make a second one locally to
eliminate the VPN layer but I'm getting the same results. Could somebody
point me in a direction to troubleshoot this?

I followed the wiki on how to join a DC, and verified all the DNS settings.

Clues I have found:
In primary DC logs I see a bunch of these.

Failed to bind to uuid [uuid goes here][1024,seal,krb5]
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I have verified kinit -Uadministrator and klist -e look the same when run
from both servers.
I have ran samba-tool drs kcc and got a successful consistency check on
both servers.

Thank you for your time.

--
Andrew LaPierre