CIFS client written in JavaScript for ChromeOS ... (SMB 1 only it seems.)

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Jun 2 14:32:09 MDT 2015

As a *wild* guess, it's possible that this new implementation was derived
indirectly from an existing implementation, such as jCIFS.  That's the only
reason that I can think of that someone would do another SMB1 client:
there's a model from which to copy.  Otherwise, the developer would need to
spend time learning SMB and, in doing so, would probably realize that SMB2+
would be a better bet.

...but that really is a guess.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org