UID Wrapper 1.0.1 and later break 32bit samba autobuild

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Jul 31 10:23:05 UTC 2015

On Friday 31 July 2015 13:34:56 Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> G'Day,
>
> I've been trying to chase down why we can't operate against the ntvfs
> file server in 'make testenv' (and in autobuild) on a 32 bit (eg i686)
> Ubuntu 14.04 VM.

Fedora 32bit VM
uid_wrapper 1.1.0

make -j test TESTS=FDPASS
ALL OK (11 tests in 11 testsuites)

I do not see an issue with uid_wrapper.

> We would like to keep this platform working as it would allow us to
> possibly employ a reversible debugger from Mozilla and many of our ARM
> platforms are 32 bit.  Ideally we will get to a point where i686 is
> part of an expanded autobuild setup, so we keep it working.
>
> Can you look into why this might be failing for us?  I can give you
> access to such a VM if you don't have one handy.
>
> The test command I've been using is:
>
> make test TESTS=FDPASS
>
> We found it with a git bisect, arriving at this commit:

This is exactly the reason why the wrappers should not be part of the Samba
source tree. If there is a bug in the wrapper you will hit it while bisecting.

All wrappers should be installed in the latest version on your system!

The test work correctly with uid_wrapper 1.1.0.

Also the test on i686 do not indicate an issue ...

https://mock.cryptomilk.org/index.php?project=uidwrapper

Cheers,

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: CC014E3D
Samba Team                             asn at samba.org
www.samba.org