NTLMSSP in SMB

Sarat G sarath.ginjupalli89 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 06:55:29 UTC 2015

Hi,
Few months back, as a part of my project I have been into SMB and Samba
Code. In my scenario I'm using NTLMV2 for authentication. I read in
microsoft specs and everywhere that NTLM hashed are strong enough. Being a
post graduate in Information Security, it's easy for me to understand that.
So, here my question is like suppose if I want suggest some things to NTLM,
whom should I have to contact.
Because I have few things in mind that, why can't they negotiate hash
algorithms also in NTLMSSP if they much about the use of week MD4 in
NTLMSSP.
I have been worked on this for a month, and come up with my suggestions to
make NTLM much secure.
Can some let me the know point of contact for these kind of things, if
Samba team like to here more from I'm happy to share my thoughts.
I'm not this is the right platform to ask this question, kindly ignore this
if you feel it's irrelevant here.
Thank You.

Regards,
Sarat G