NTLMSSP NTLMV2 in SMB

Sarat G sarath.ginjupalli89 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:44:24 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm implementing NTLMSSP in SMB2.0 server. I stuck while calculating MTLMV2
response. Few documentations showing that an extra 4 bytes of zero's were
added at the end of client challenge(after target info fields) in NTLMv2
response. But when I see the packet captures I didn't find that any extra 4
bytes of 0's after target info field in the clinet challenge of NTv2
response.
Can someone please let me know how microsoft implemented NTv2 response. I
don't want any code. I just need the step by step procedure of computing
NTv2 response.
Your help is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sarat G