Removing tombstone reanimation

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Jul 10 20:13:24 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-31 at 02:12 +0300, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Could you please take a look at attached patch - it disables
> tombstone_reanimation module.
> It is still compiled, but skips registration and I have also removed it
> from the list of dsdb modules.
> Running tombstone_reanimation test fails nicely :)

Kamen,

I've reviewed this and am pushing it now.  We next need to try and
re-add the dbcheck tests as not flapping, and remove
tombstone_reanimation as falpping so when we put this back it is a real
test.

I did this now because we need dbcheck tests back for 4.3, and we need
to ensure tombstone_reanimation isn't an accidental feature of 4.3 until
we fix it.

Do you have any plan for how to resolve this?  I feel really bad about
removing the hard work you did here, it would really be great to have
this back!

Thanks,