[PACTHSET] Some patches from the MIT KDC branch

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 9 07:38:24 UTC 2015

https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=f3762dbb68a85abb26e81973bdec835bca9bee1b
https://git.samba.org/abartlet/samba.git/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=commitdiff;h=7c6837a02af592b1c29b5695b014763d52925543

> If you're talking about gensec_fake_gssapi_krb5_security_ops() it works fine
> with gssapi ...
>
> https://git.samba.org/?p=asn/samba.git;a=commit;h=1dc1c69d5990cb67b77549309e25be372023c33b

The point of the fake_gssapi is to exercise the code paths used by
things like the NAS mentioned above, not to implement it using real
GSSAPI.  Of course you can use real GSSAPI and call it fake, and of
course everything still works, but that's really not the point :-)

The fake_gssapi is WRONG per the spec, but so was Samba for most of a
decade, and we need tests to confirm we still work with such broken
clients.

Thanks,