joining a samba 4.2.2 client to a samba 4.2.2 NT4 PDC

Rowland Penny repenny241155 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:59:18 UTC 2015

On 08/07/15 07:16, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 July 2015 18:19:59 Rowland Penny wrote:
>> Hi, I have been testing joining a linux client to an NT4-style PDC, and
>> whilst I am sure I was using the correct command:
>>
>> net join -S PDC -U Administrator
> The question is which net cmd 'net join' triggers. Take a look at the code in
>
> source3/utils/net_join.c
>

> 	-- andreas

Well, I looked in source3/utils/net_join.c , as I thought, I didn't
understand it :-D

Perhaps I should have mentioned, I also tried various different versions
of the join command because I was having problems joining the client
(this turned out to be samba not knowing the user), everything I tried,
including 'net rpc join ....' brought up the same question about 'no
realm'.

I do not understand 'C' and at my time of life I am not willing to
learn, I am just pointing out that there seems to be something wrong
with joining a Unix domain client to a NT4-style domain.

Rowland