Creating builtingroup fails with NTSTATUS_ACCESS_DENIED with idmap hash backend

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:22:52 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Partha Sarathi
<parthasarathi.bl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard,
>
> If I remember correctly this was working in 3.6.X . in 4.1.17 winbindd rely
> on DOMAIN name to perform sid-to-gid for builtin sids which is strange.

Yes, this was working in 3.6.X. I did some breakage in 3.5.X with
Likewise's auth.

I haven't looked specifically at 4.X.Y but will check it out over the
long weekend because although I have a workaround for this, I am not
happy with it and don't understand the underlying cause.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe