How to do nonblocking writes to CIFS networkshares?

Sebastian Rasmussen sebastian.rasmussen at axis.com
Sun Jan 25 12:17:06 MST 2015

> Not sure why your writes should be blocking, they should return as soon as they
> write data to page-cache.

I haven't checked, but I assume that my backed up writes have filled the
page cache (it is a pretty memory constrained embedded Linux system).

 > Can you run crash on this live system and see where this write
call/process is blocked?

I can try, but I don't know this tool. And "crash" was not most search
friendly term. ;) Do you mind helping out with a URL?

  / Sebastian