splitout of samba-debug

Fri Jan 16 05:09:43 MST 2015

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:08:14AM +0100, Julien Kerihuel wrote:

> On 15/01/15 19:44, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> >> OpenChange server is a plugin to Samba, it just provides another DCE/RPC
> >> interface. It is no different from epmapper or winreg. It calls out to
> >> various Samba functions, all of which write to the Samba logs.
> > To be honest, it's a bug then that the relevant parts of
> > OpenChange are not part of Samba. Isn't it possible to
> > create a pipe-interface to OpenChange with the appropriate
> > auth blobs? If I remember correctly the Exchange protocol is
> > actually very few DCERPC calls shipping yet another
> > rpc-style blobs back and forth. Assuming this is right,
> > can't we put the DCERPC piece into Samba proper and create a
> > unix domain socket passing on the MAPI (??) blobs?
> >
> > Volker
>
> This could work but presumably only to some extent.
>
> Moreover this would require a significant rewrite of OpenChange,
> architecture and code.

Ok, I take this as a "won't happen anytime soon". Can you
file a bug at bugzilla.samba.org and propose a patch? As
Martin said, the debug patch might be part of a bigger
patchset and might have dependencies, so please make sure
that the resulting 4.2 tree survives a full private
autobuild. Jelmer can for sure help you with that.

Thanks,

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de